March 8, 2016
PerfectServe, healthcare’s only comprehensive and secure care team collaboration platform, today announced it has charge capture capabilities to further improve care team efficiency, improve the patient experience and streamline the reimbursement process. PerfectServe is now the only communications platform to provide Dynamic Intelligent Routing™ and charge capture within a single mobile application for physicians and advanced level practitioners, making it possible for healthcare providers to immediately and securely document the care provided at the point of care.
By capturing charges immediately at the point of care, providers can fully and accurately document exam and procedure details, including the correct assignment of CPT and ICD codes essential to value-based reimbursement. The new capabilities make this information securely and quickly available to team members responsible for billing in their back office systems. By introducing charge capture capability to the PerfectServe Synchrony care collaboration platform, PerfectServe has given providers a robust tool that almost eliminates the “time to bill” expediting the revenue cycle.
“In this era of increased focus on value, improving the efficiency of documentation becomes an even greater priority. But the mass of coding options, along with delays in communication to billing staff, can lead to lost charges and erroneous codes resulting in lower reimbursement rates,” said Terry Edwards, CEO, PerfectServe. “For physician practices and other small or independent providers, this lag time can have a devastating impact on their financial situation. The new charge capture functionality expedites the first step within the revenue recognition cycle so that physicians may more quickly receive all the reimbursement they deserve.”
Physicians and other care team members can spend more than 30 percent of their time each day retrospectively documenting patient care. By automating charge capture, PerfectServe gives providers the tools to significantly reduce the amount of time spent on documentation, which can now be re-directed to patient care. The new capabilities within PerfectServe will allow physicians to communicate quickly and easily with billing and other support staff, speeding revenue recognition and improving cash flow for the practice.
Other features include:
- Enhanced user interface: The new charge capture features make it possible for providers to record charges at the point of care in just a few clicks. It also allows users to customize fields to further speed documentation across any specialty.
- Advanced charge capture functionality: Decision support and the creation of charge bundles accelerate charge capture for those medical procedures and services that are frequently performed in combination across patients.
- Store and forward: Providers now may enter charges even without any internet connectivity, and then once connected, all stored charges will be automatically submitted.
- PQRS data: Documenting physician reporting quality measures (PQRS) is required for full reimbursement and now PerfectServe Synchrony is able to easily associate the PQRS code with each charge.
- Rules-based workflows to manage communications: PerfectServe is the only care team collaboration platform that offers rules-based workflow communication management between providers and billing staff– virtually eliminating days not final billed and adding velocity to accounts receivable.
- Integration with EHRs and other HIT: The new functionality is compatible with all mobile devices, and nearly all PMS or EHR systems.