Complete, Optimized Provider Scheduling
Balance provider preferences with organizational needs and patient demand.
Healthcare’s Most Complete Physician Scheduling Software
Balance your organizational needs with our easy to use physician scheduling software and manage growing patient demand.
Optimized scheduling workflows for:
For better patient care and improved outcomes.
Research shows that ineffective scheduling contributes to burnout.
- 42% – Nearly half of all physicians report experience burnout.
- 7% – More than 7% of nearly 7,000 doctors had considered suicide in the prior 12 months.
- $7.75 million – Stanford Medicine estimates burnout costs them at least $7.75 million per year.
Download our Enterprise Scheduling Guide for more information.
Providers with Optimized Scheduling enjoy:
- Schedules built to accommodate provider preferences.
- Access to real-time schedule updates anywhere, anytime.
- A centralized request calendar with instant time-off approval.
- Easy, online shift changes and schedule adjustments.
- Even shift and call distribution.
- Schedule transparency.
Schedulers are doing their best.
Piecing together complex schedules is time consuming and ensuring providers’ requests are balanced with organizational requirements is a difficult task. Every department is unique—each having hundreds of rules and preferences to manage—and cross-departmental insights are often unavailable.
- Average Administrator Time Spent Managing Schedules Per Year: 291 Hours
A solution focused on creating a complete and nimble schedule:
Single platform optimizing enterprise and departmental rules and preferences
Real-time application supporting dynamic updates
Robust reporting for key metrics and indicators
Full digital access
Integrated with Clinical Platforms and IT Systems
Deliver the latest provider shift and on-call schedules to key clinical platforms and IT systems enabling advanced workflows and streamlined care team coordination.
- Eliminate Gaps
- Speed Time to Treatment
- Maximize Resources
- Support HIPAA-Compliance
- Meet Patient Demand
- Boost Provider Satisfaction
- Improve ROI
- Reduce Liability
- Accurate Communication
- Create Complete Schedules
- Increase Solution Adoption
- Enhance Patient Safety
Real customers. Real outcomes.
“To be able to see who is the surgeon that’s going to be taking this case, who’s the radiologist on call, who’s the infectious disease provider on call—all at a glance—that just has huge value to an organization for patient safety and workflow efficiency.”
- Chief Medical Information Officer, Children's Hospital and Medical Center, Omaha
“The product is good at supporting our interoperability goals. It is very client driven. Lightning Bolt is ready and willing to make it work. They offer a product that gets things done.”
- Analyst/Coordinator, KLAS, Interfacing and Integration, July 2020
“I really like the system. Previously, I was using Excel to generate schedules, and that would take me hours. But now the schedule takes me about an hour.”
- Analyst/Coordinator, KLAS, Functionality and Upgrades, April 2020*
“If I could give Lightning Bolt a 10 out of 9, I would. Their support teams are magnificent at reaching out. If they are not available, someone immediately gets in touch to make sure we get the help we need.”
- Director, KLAS, Service and Support, February 2020*
“Lightning Bolt is doing their job, and they are fantastic. Our direct contact in programming is phenomenal...The transition when we make our new schedule for the year has been amazing. The first year, we were pulling our hair out. The second year, we were evolving. And in recent years, things have been amazing and we have just sailed right through. The vendor has relieved my stress by 75%.”
– Director, KLAS, Relationship, February 2020*
“I would recommend the product. It is the best by far of anything I have used. Lightning Bolt Scheduling is light-years ahead of other systems.”
- Analyst/Coordinator, KLAS, Functionality and Upgrades, July 2020
“If I could give Lightning Bolt a 10 out of 9, I would. Their support teams are magnificent at reaching out. If they are not available, someone immediately gets in touch to make sure we get the help we need. We certainly have executives from Lightning Bolt involved. Their top dog calls a few times each year, and that person follows up with me to make sure everything is going well.”
– Director, KLAS, Service and Support, February 2020*
“The thing I love most about Lightning Bolt that I haven't seen with other scheduling systems is how user-friendly it is. The residents are able to view their schedule and swap shifts and things that that they would usually have to send an email and have approved.”
- Scheduling Coordinator, Boston Children's Hospital
“We have been with Lightning Bolt for a long time. I have always been impressed by their level of service.”
– Physician, KLAS, Relationship, October 2020*
“Lightning Bolt helps us to save time, improve efficiency, improve the workflows, and coordinate the work of the day better among physicians, nurse practitioners, surgeons, sonographers—all of them.”
– Pediatric Echo Lab Director, Functionality
“The thing I love most about Lightning Bolt that I haven't seen with other scheduling systems is how user-friendly it is. The residents are able to view their schedule and swap shifts and things that they would usually have to send an email and have approved.”
– Jessica Angerman, Scheduling Coordinator, Boston Children’s Hospital
“The hospitalists at UNC have an extremely complex schedule, so we needed a software that could take many things into consideration when creating a schedule, not only the providers’ preferences but also…the many services that we have.”
– Loretta Weeks,
Administrative Coordinator, UNC Division of Hospital Medicine
“I used to find it very stressful to try to create a manual schedule for the size our group had become. So having Lightning Bolt do it for us has, I would say, provided both scheduler satisfaction and physician satisfaction.”
– Loretta Weeks,
Administrative Coordinator, UNC Health