Why did PerfectServe acquire CareWire?
While PerfectServe’s solution supports doctors and nurses in hospitals and private practices, it had not yet incorporated the patient; the only exception is with the answering service capabilities.
Patient engagement is a growing market need and extending our platform to include the patient and family as active care team members is essential to our product strategy. The CareWire acquisition allows us to start executing on that strategy.
Bringing PerfectServe and CareWire together provides our doctors, nurses and patients with the single-platform solution they require. It will improve our offering and market differentiation, and enhance our ability to increase our competitiveness in the marketplace.
What are the advantages of CareWire?
CareWire was chosen after an extensive evaluation process. The following is a summary of the primary advantages of CareWire:
- First and foremost, CareWire is a text-first, mobile patient engagement platform, which supports the ability to communicate with about 85% of an organization’s population – regardless of age or socioeconomic status - immediately upon implementation. Secure links allow patients to safely exchange protected health information and conduct conversations with their care team members through HIPAA-compliant web applications.
- CareWire has achieved great adoption by communicating with patients using personalized, precisely-timed, service-specific education, instructions and alerts before and after patient care encounters.
- The CareWire platform leverages Social Determinants of Health to drive interactions tailored to the unique needs of your patients.
- Clients not only benefit from improved patient adherence but also increased adoption of patient portals and native applications, as a result of CareWire’s episodic and/or long-term communication pathways.
- CareWire supports clients across all settings of care including hospitals, integrated delivery networks, practices, clinics, surgery centers and payers.
How does this solution work? Is there an app?
No, there is not a mobile app, which is why up to 85% of patients can be reached upon go live. Basic information is shared via text, and if further conversation is required, patients are directed to a secure web application for HIPAA-compliant messaging.
How do you reach the elderly and lower socioeconomic patient population?
A key component of CareWire’s mission was to reach as many individuals as possible regardless of socio-economic status or age. This principle guided development efforts and is the primary driver of the “text-first” approach – no apps are required to take advantage of this powerful capability.
Throughout CareWire’s history, the solution has interacted with millions of patients – across demographic bands and socio-economic statuses -- and has delivered exceptional results regardless of where a person falls within that spectrum.
For example, reach rates for Medicaid patients is greater than 80% and for seniors, greater than 65%. Solution persistence (i.e., patients that continue with the CareWire channel over time) is higher for these two populations (94 - 96%) than the 92% seen on average across the entire CareWire population.
With regard to the older demographic, it is notable that CareWire has been the exclusive provider of mobile messaging services for Miracle-Ear across their 1,200+ location in the US and Canada for the last 4+ years. Miracle-Ear customers have embraced this technology and it is a key part of the Miracle-Ear experience. This relationship has provided tremendous insight into how to most effectively interact with the senior population.
What does this acquisition mean for me?
The CareWire solution is now part of the PerfectServe offering, and can help organizations improve care in the following ways:
- Encounter Navigation: Provides patient and family support before, during and after appointments and procedures by providing reminders, instructions, resources and support
- Readmission Risk Reduction: Procedure-specific diagnostic questions sent to patient to assess recovery progress and understanding of treatment plan after discharge and throughout recovery
- Chronic Condition Management: Surveys, reminders, encouragement, education and patient self-reporting of relevant physiological values
- Satisfaction Insights: Surveys that increase opportunity for service recovery, and data that can be viewed by provider service, encounter type, appointment day and time, and patient demographics
- On-demand secure messaging: Bi-directional, staff-initiated secure text messaging with the patient
To learn more, visit PerfectServe’s Patient Engagement web page.
How would my staff interact with the solution / how does it work?
Communication protocols and care team/staff workflows are established during implementation (e.g., new patient appointments, colonoscopy procedures, diabetic patient panels, post-discharge follow-up). The solution is integrated with your Scheduling and ADT applications, which trigger the communication pathway. Case Managers or other care team members as assigned use a browser-based dashboard – the Mobile Communication Manager - to monitor responses and identify patients requiring individual follow up.
A primary function of the application is to alert staff to patient exceptions and focus precious resources on those that require personal intervention to stay on course.
Physician interaction with the system typically revolves around analysis of patient satisfaction data (for those using this feature).
How will this solution be integrated into the PerfectServe platform?
PerfectServe clients can begin using the CareWire solution today, in advance of any integration work; the solution can be used to drive a variety of outcomes (as described above), immediately.
PerfectServe is evaluating opportunities to expand the CareWire product capabilities, and our vision is to fully integrate the solution with our Dynamic Intelligent Routing infrastructure; we are working on our development roadmap plan now.
How is the solution packaged and priced?
The solution is offered as a bundle based on care setting (e.g. physician practice vs. hospital vs. payer) and is tailored to your specific patient engagement requirements and care needs.
Please contact your PerfectServe sales representative today to obtain a quote.
How do I get a demonstration of this new product offering?
We can schedule that for you now! Let’s take a few minutes to discuss your specific needs around encounter navigation, readmission management, chronic care management, and patient satisfaction/service recovery, so that we can ensure all your questions are addressed in the demonstration.
Can I talk to a current CareWire customer?
Yes, we can arrange a call with a CareWire customer. To match you with a customer that is in the best position to answer your questions, we should first explore your interests. Let’s discuss your goals for patient engagement.
Are the original CareWire staff still with PerfectServe (has knowledge been retained)?
Yes, all the operational, development, implementation and support staff have joined PerfectServe and intend to remain with the company; retention has been a significant priority throughout this transition.
How long does it take to implement the CareWire solution?
The typical CareWire implementation is complete in 4-6 weeks, depending on the scope of the project. It’s also important to note that we will be able to leverage the data integration that is already in place through the PerfectServe solution, including the VPN connection and ADT interface.
Will new IT resources be required to support this solution?
As mentioned above, we will be able to leverage the data integration that is already in place through the PerfectServe solution, including the VPN connection and ADT interface. There should be very little required of your IT resources, but it is worth having a discussion around your desired scope of work to fully define the requirements.