FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2018
Educational & Networking Open House
Hosted by Hospital for Special Surgery and PerfectServe
Hospital for Special Surgery Open House
Join us on September 21 for a complimentary educational and networking event hosted by Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) and PerfectServe. The event will feature informational panels, Q+A sessions, complimentary lunch and an optional HSS site visit at 535 East 70th Street.
Friday, September 21, 2018
Educational and Networking Event:
10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET,
Sotheby’s, 1334 York Ave, New York, NY 10021 (located one city block from HSS)
Optional Site visit:
2:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. ET
Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021
Why attend the HSS Open House?
Hear from experts at HSS as they share their experience in implementing the PerfectServe clinical communication and collaboration platform. Learn how to lead your clinical care team to success in the ever-changing world of care team collaboration. Network with other healthcare leaders and share insights and stories about best practices, lessons learned, and strategies for success.
- HSS’s clinical communication journey
- Anesthesia Telemedicine Use Case
- Device considerations – BYOD and hospital-supplied
- Implementation success strategies
- HSS user panel and Q & A
- Optional HSS site visit
- Networking with healthcare industry leaders
- Complimentary lunch included
- Dr. James Beckman, Anesthesiology
- Dr. Mitch Nelson, Hospitalist
- Susan Cardamone, Director of Anesthesiology
- Peter Grimaldi, AVP of Physician Assistants
- Tricia Bonamo, Clinical Director, Physician Assistants
- Annie LoBasso, VP of Nursing
- Rachelle Schwartz, AVP of Case Management
- Sharlynn Tuohy, Senior Director of Acute Care Physical Therapy
- Sam Stern, Director of Technical Applications and Integration
- Kelli Nelson, Assistant Director of Clinical Applications
- Nick Wirth, Director, Operational Excellence
- Don Dally, CTO, PerfectServe
- Jeff Brown, SVP of Strategic Accounts, PerfectServe
HSS’s clinical communication journey
Clinical and administrative leaders at HSS will discuss how they consolidated answering services across 165 offices, replaced an outdated pager service for 1,500 users, optimized care team communication across 3,500 users, and drove response times down for both routine message; as well as critical messages such as, Rapid Response, Sepsis Team Alerts, and Acute Stroke and Seizures. They will also explore the use of communication technology to conduct TeleHealth visits.
Implementation success strategies
Nick Wirth and Jeff Brown will share best practices, tips and tricks in streamlining after hours on call communication, uncovering process work-arounds through workflow analysis, efficient staff training and using data analysis to drive ongoing communication improvements.
Device considerations — BYOD and hospital-supplied
Nick Wirth and Don Dally will explain how HSS drove a BYOD strategy for physicians, eliminating power and connectivity concerns while maintaining security and HIPAA compliance.
HSS user panel
Several HSS clinicians will host a 30-minute interactive HSS user panel, giving attendees insight into how HSS’s clinical communication and collaboration strategy helps them do their jobs more efficiently every day.